You will be crucial in assisting pharmacists in dispensing prescription medications, providing customer service, and performing various administrative tasks in a pharmacy setting.
- Medication Dispensing: You will be responsible for accurately and safely dispensing prescription medications. You will retrieve prescribed medications from shelves, count tablets or measure liquids, and package the medications appropriately. Attention to detail is crucial to avoid errors.
- Inventory Management: You will assist in maintaining the pharmacy’s inventory by ordering, receiving, and organizing medications and supplies. You will monitor stock levels, check for expired medications, and assist with restocking shelves.
- Customer Service: You will interact with customers regularly over the phone. You will provide information about orders and delivery and address customer concerns. Excellent communication and customer service skills are essential.
- Labeling and Packaging: You will ensure that prescription labels are accurately printed and attached to medication containers. You will also prepare unit-dose packaging for institutional use, such as blister packs.
- Maintaining Equipment: You will be responsible for maintaining and operating various pharmacy equipment, such as dispensing machines and automated packaging systems. You will ensure that equipment is clean, calibrated, and in good working order.
- Compliance & Safety: It is crucial that you follow all relevant laws, regulations, and safety procedures to ensure the secure and legal handling of medications. You will adhere to HIPAA guidelines to protect patient privacy and maintain confidentiality.
- Administrative Tasks: You will assist with various administrative tasks, including record-keeping and processing paperwork related to prescriptions and medication orders.
Qualifications & Skills:
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Registered and licensed Pharmacy Technician with Tennessee Board of Pharmacy required. National Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to lift as least 50 pounds and transfer it short distances.
- Able to walk and stand without assistance.
- Wage commensurate with experience and abilities
- BC/BS health, dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays/sick time/vacation days
Use the button above to download our application. Fill it out and save it to your local computer, then upload it along with optional cover letter and resume. If you submit a resume, please note "see resume" in those areas of the application.