The Pharmacy Sales Territory Manager (Alabama) is responsible for overseeing and managing pharmaceutical services and sales within the designated territory. This role focuses on establishing and maintaining strong relationships with skilled nursing facilities, assisted living, and other stakeholders to promote the pharmacy’s products and services. The Territory Manager works to ensure customer satisfaction, drive sales growth, and contribute to the overall success of the pharmacy.
- Develop and execute a strategic territory plan to achieve sales targets and business objectives for the pharmacy’s products and services within skilled nursing, assisted living, and other facilities.
- Identify and establish relationships with key decision-makers including owners, administrators, directors of nursing, and medical staff.
- Conduct regular visits to facilities to promote pharmaceutical products and services, provide educational materials, and address any concerns or questions.
- Collaborate with the pharmacy’s marketing team to develop promotional strategies and initiatives tailored to the needs of the market.
- Organize and participate in educational events, workshops, and seminars for healthcare professionals in the territory to increase awareness and knowledge of the pharmacy’s offerings.
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities, and regulatory changes affecting skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and pharmacy services in the region.
- Analyze territory performance metrics, track sales data, and prepare regular reports for management, highlighting achievements, challenges, and action plans.
- Assist skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities in optimizing medication management processes, including medication adherence programs and formulary management.
- Collaborate with the pharmacy’s operations team to ensure seamless delivery of medications and timely resolution of any service-related issues.
- Participate in pharmacy-related conferences, trade shows, and networking events to enhance the pharmacy’s visibility and expand business opportunities.
- Address customer inquiries, complaints, and feedback in a professional and timely manner, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the pharmacy’s pricing structures, contracts, and reimbursement policies to facilitate negotiations with the customer.
- Comply with all applicable state and federal regulations, including those related to healthcare compliance and pharmaceutical sales.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Business, Marketing, Pharmacy, or a related field is preferred.
- Proven experience in sales, account management, or business development, preferably in the skilled nursing facility or assisted living market.
- Strong knowledge of pharmacy operations, medication management, and healthcare industry practices is preferred.
- Familiarity with long-term care regulations and reimbursement processes is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Results-driven mindset with a track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, capable of identifying opportunities and developing effective strategies.
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in using sales and customer relationship management software (SalesForce).
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel within the designated territory.
- Wage commensurate with experience and abilities
- BC/BS health, dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays/sick time/vacation days
Use the button above to download our application. Fill it out and save it to your local computer, then upload it along with optional cover letter and resume. If you submit a resume, please note "see resume" in those areas of the application.