The Pharmacy Customer Relations Specialist manages and maintains positive relationships with pharmacy customers, addresses their questions, and assists with their needs. This role ensures customer satisfaction, promotes excellent customer service, and fosters customer loyalty. This position will travel within an assigned territory (West Tennessee / North Mississippi).
- Customer Service: Interact with customers in person, over the phone, or through digital channels, such as email or text, to provide exceptional service. Answer customer questions, provide education and information about pharmacy products and services, and resolve any issues or complaints promptly and effectively.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with pharmacy customers. Understand their needs, preferences, and concerns and strive to meet and exceed their expectations. Develop a deep understanding of the pharmacy’s products and services to provide accurate and relevant information to customers. Develop a deep understanding of the needs of each type of facility serviced (Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Group Homes, etc.)
- Communication: Communicate clearly and professionally with customers, colleagues, and other stakeholders. Effectively convey information about products and services, delivery, and other relevant details.
- Problem-Solving: Identify and address customer issues or concerns promptly and efficiently. Collaborate with the pharmacy team to resolve complex problems, ensure accurate and timely delivery of prescriptions, and handle billing-related questions. Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to find suitable solutions for customers.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of customer interactions, inquiries, and resolutions in the pharmacy’s customer relationship management (CRM) system. Update customer profiles with relevant information to provide personalized service and improve future interactions.
- Compliance: Adhere to relevant regulations, policies, and procedures related to customer service, privacy, and patient confidentiality. Ensure compliance with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) guidelines and other applicable laws governing pharmacy operations.
- Product Knowledge: Stay current with the latest pharmacy product and service information.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate effectively with the pharmacy team, including pharmacists, technicians, and other staff members. Work together to provide comprehensive customer service, address complex issues, and ensure a seamless customer experience.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must be able to travel daily and stay overnight as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent. A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) is preferred.
- Prior experience in customer service, preferably in a pharmacy or other healthcare setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and ability to handle customer complaints or difficult situations empathetically and professionally.
- Knowledge of pharmacy operations, prescription medications, and medical terminology is preferred.
- Familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) software or other relevant systems. Prior experience with SalesForce is preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and laws, such as HIPAA.
- Wage commensurate with experience and abilities
- BC/BS health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays/sick time/vacation days