The HR Assistant is crucial in providing administrative support and assistance to the Human Resources department. The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure smooth HR operations and contribute to the overall effectiveness of HR operations and the overall effectiveness of the HR function within the organization. The HR Assistant works closely with the HR Director and other team members to facilitate various HR processes and procedures.
- Administrative Support: Provide general administrative support to the HR department, including managing and organizing HR files, documents, and records, and payroll processing. Maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with professionalism and discretion.
- Recruitment Assistance: Assist in recruitment and selection by coordinating job postings, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, and conducting reference checks. Maintain applicant tracking system and ensure accurate documentation of candidate information. Must work with Centralized Marketing Department for coordination of recruitment efforts.
- Onboarding & Orientation: Coordinate the onboarding process for new employees, including preparing the necessary paperwork, conducting orientation sessions, and assisting with the completion of required forms. Provide support to new hires and address any questions or concerns.
- Employee Records Maintenance: Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records, including personal information, attendance, and training records. Ensure compliance with applicable data protection regulations.
- HR Policies & Procedures: Assist in developing and implementing HR policies and procedures. Distribute and communicate policies to employees, answer questions, and provide guidance on policy-related matters.
- Benefits Administration: Support the administration of employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and leave management. Assist employees with benefits enrollment, changes, and questions.
- HR Reporting: Prepare HR reports and metrics as required, including headcount reports, turnover analysis, and other HR-related data. Maintain HR databases and ensure accuracy of information.
- Employee Relations: Assist in promoting positive employee relations by responding to employee questions, providing basic HR information, and escalating issues to appropriate personnel when necessary. Support employee engagement initiatives and events.
- Training & Development: Track employee training completion and maintain training/credential records.
- Compliance: Assist in ensuring compliance with labor laws, regulations, and company policies. Stay updated on HR best practices and legal requirements to support HR compliance efforts.
Qualifications & Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; certification/degree in human resources or a related field is a plus.
- Prior experience in an administrative or HR support role is preferred.
- Familiarity with HR processes, policies, and employment laws.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in using HR software and systems.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Wage commensurate with experience and abilities
- BC/BS health, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays/sick time/vacation days