As a Dispensing Pharmacist, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the safe, accurate, and efficient dispensing of medications to our residents. This position requires a licensed pharmacist with strong clinical knowledge, excellent communication skills, and a dedication to delivering high-quality pharmaceutical care.
- Medication Dispensing and Verification:
- Accurately dispense medications according to physician orders and established protocols.
- Conduct thorough medication reviews to identify any potential interactions or contraindications.
- Clinical Consultation:
- Provide clinical expertise to the healthcare team, offering guidance on appropriate medication selection, dosage adjustments, and therapeutic alternatives.
- Medication Management:
- Oversee the medication administration process, ensuring residents receive their medications in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collaborate with nursing staff to address any concerns or questions related to medications.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations governing the practice of pharmacy in a skilled nursing facility.
- Stay updated on changes in pharmacy laws and regulations that may impact the facility.
- Quality Assurance:
- Conduct regular audits of medication records and processes to maintain high standards of quality and accuracy.
- Implement corrective actions and improvements as needed.
- Pharmacy Operations:
- Manage inventory levels, order medications and supplies, and conduct routine inspections to ensure compliance with storage and handling requirements.
- Collaborative Care:
- Collaborate with healthcare providers to optimize medication regimens, address therapeutic concerns, and participate in interdisciplinary care planning.
- Adverse Event Reporting:
- Promptly report any adverse drug reactions or medication errors and take appropriate action to prevent reoccurrence.
Qualifications & Skills
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) and possess a valid Alabama pharmacist license.
- Prior experience working as a pharmacist with a good understanding of pharmacy operations and dispensing procedures. Long-Term Care experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Flexibility to work on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain a professional demeanor, exhibit ethical behavior, and demonstrate a commitment to patient safety and well-being.
- Wage commensurate with experience and abilities
- BC/BS health, dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays/sick time/vacation days
Use the button above to download our application. Fill it out and save it to your local computer, then upload it along with optional cover letter and resume. If you submit a resume, please note "see resume" in those areas of the application.